Question: How can I make my moisturizer less sticky?
Some moisturizers can leave your skin feeling sticky, especially during hot and humid summer weather. Here are a few things you can do to make your moisturizer feel less tacky on your skin:
- Use less moisturizer. If you glob on too much, excess moisturizer will just sit on your skin and make it feel heavy.
- Apply moisturizer with a cotton ball. This is a tip I got from one of my friends who works at a Shiseido counter. It actually does make the moisturizer feel a whole lot less sticky but the only thing is, you waste a lot of product.
- Spray your face with some thermal water after applying moisturizer and then gently blot with a tissue. This will refresh your skin and remove any excess product.
- Blot with a paper towel or oil blotters throughout the day.
- After moisturizing, apply some powder to your skin to absorb some of the moisturizer and make sure everything is set.
The above tips will help make moisturizers feel less sticky on your skin. Unfortunately, the weather can also exacerbate the stickiness of moisturizers. Some moisturizers feel stickier in the summer compared to the winter and there's nothing you can really do about the humidity. It may be a good idea to use serums, gels, or lighter moisturizers in the summer (or during the daytime) and heavier ones in the winter (or at night).
Last updated: September 23, 2012
Back « Skin FAQ